Friday, May 30, 2014

How to throw a little girl's Frozen party!

My Ciera turned 6 last weekend, and all she wanted for her birthday was a “Frozen” party. I had her choose 11 of her closest little girlfriends, and invite them over to our house for an afternoon of frozen themed fun.



Ciera didn’t have any clue that I had arranged for Queen Elsa herself to attend her party. All the girls were almost in shock as they opened up the door for this very special guest!



We played “pin the nose on Olaf”, and I made this game myself- I pretty much got a big piece of poster board which was about .59 at JoAnns, traced out an Olaf, and then cut a bunch of orange nose shapes out of construction paper- and there ya go- a twist on the classic party game “pin the tail on the donkey” and the girls loved it!






I set up a “headband bar” for the girls. I bought a bunch of  colorful headbands, and had the girls hot glue silk daises on (with an adult’s supervision, of course) This was a fun activity.

Queen Elsa just so happened to bring an icy blue and glittery nail polish, and she painted the girls nails. They were in heaven!


I had the girls decorate their own cupcakes. Ciera really wanted a lemon flavored cake, so we baked those up ahead of time, made a yummy homemade butter cream icing, gave the girls some icing and sprinkles and had them decorate away! It was so sweet to watch them, lots of the girls asked for an extra cupcake to decorate for Queen Elsa! How cute is that?

Here is my tried and true buttercream icing recipe, pair it with your favorite cake recipe:

Alisa's Buttercream Icing:

1 cup (2 sticks) of softened (room temp) salted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 TBSP vanilla extract
Approx 3 TBSP of milk (OR) coffee creamer- flavored or plain (that's my little not so secret tip!)

**Blend all the ingredients together with en electric handheld or stand mixer. This is seriously the BEST icing!





We did some face painting as well-

And we also did an Olaf craft. I found some Olaf printables online and had the girls glue some cotton balls and a bunch of glitter on. They really enjoyed this!





When it was about time to wind down from all the partying, we all came inside and Queen Elsa read the girls a Frozen story (but of course!)



Ciera opened her gifts, and then it was time to go.

Let me tell ya, these girls were busy busy busy the whole time!! I hope this will be a day these sweet girls will keep in their memories for the rest of their lives! So much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment