Wednesday, February 25, 2015

EASY Carrot Cake Cookies!

You ever get a massive craving for something sweet, that you just have to have immediately?
Or is it just me?
The other day I was at Mimi’s house (aka: my mom-in-law/Charlie and Ciera’s Grandma) I was dying for SUGAR! I knew I DID NOT want to wait a long time for something to bake up, cool, yada yada.. I searched her pantry and found some cake mix. Well, if you know me, you know how I feel about boxed cake mix- not a fan. There are a few exceptions though. Such as carrot cake. (I know, I know, I’m a little crazy).
Well thank goodness Mimi had a carrot cake mix in the pantry. I didn’t want to make an actual cake though- too long of a wait.
So I made COOKIES! Carrot Cake Cookies!
cc4
I know I’ve blogged about my cake box cookies before, and since I love them so much, I’m gonna blog about them again. Plus share some super adorable pictures of my little baking partner in crime, Ciera.
Here’s what you need for this recipe:
1 box of carrot cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the Icing:
1 8oz bar cream cheese
approx 2-3 cups powdered sugar (eyeball it to your achieve your desired consistency)
1/2 stick butter
approx 1-2 tsp milk (again, eyeball it)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil with a fork. Roll into 1 inch balls, and bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for approx 10 minutes. Cool.
For the icing, combine all ingredients with an electric mixer. Ice the cookies once they are cooled (or not) haha.
cc2 cc3cc5cc1
Love that little baking buddy of mine.
cc6 cc4
I also LOVE all that natural light that Mimi’s kitchen has. It makes for some great food photos.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I got great reviews from my taste testers! Of course I can’t take all the credit, I’ll give that to Miss. Betty Crocker :)
cc7

No comments:

Post a Comment