Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Elbow's Mac and Cheese Review

I’ve found a new restaurant that I love, love, LOVE! It’s called Elbows Mac ‘n’ Cheese.

This place is so unique, as it offers a HUGE variety of different types of, you guessed it, mac & cheese!
My family and I visited the Elbows location in downtown Brea, CA (another location in Cerritos, CA). The Brea location has only been open for about 3 months, but is already hugely popular. The place was packed with lots of  macaroni and cheese loving customers.
We started off with some drinks and apps (how CUTE are these cups?!)
We ordered the vanilla sweet potato fries. I love sweet potato fries, and if I see them on a menu it’s pretty darn hard for me to resist. These ones really caught my attention because they are vanilla sweet potato fries. Uh, ok! Let me tell you, they were soooooo good. I’m not sure if I’d classify them in the appetizer category or the dessert category. They could definitely fall under both! They were very sweet, and vanilla-y. Even my boy Charlie loved them, and he’s not too big of a sweet potato fan. They came with a side of ranch dip, which went very well with them, but definitely not needed. These babies are perfect alone!
App #2 was the Mac & Cheese Bites: breaded mac and cheese balls with a marinara dipping sauce… YUM! The kids loved them!
NOW FOR THE ENTREES!
I chose the “So Shellfish” Mac that includes lobster and asparagus. SO. GOOD. They DO NOT short you on the lobster- that’s for sure!
My hubby went for the “Cajun Mac”. He LOVES anything Cajun flavored. This dish was pretty good with lots of sausage and green onions. Definitely thought it would have a little more of a kick to it, since it’s Cajun but it wasn’t spicy at all.
Ciera chose the simple “4 Cheese Mac”, which I have to admit at first I was a little bummed she chose it, because they have a huge menu of fun options for mac and cheese. But when I took the first bite, I was glad that she picked that one. It was SO good, and exactly what you’d think of when you think ‘homemade mac and cheese’. It was perfect!
Elbows not only offers mac and cheese, they also offer a variety of salads and sandwiches. Charlie went with the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, and was not disappointed! I mean look at that- look at all the cheese flowing out of that sandwich.
The portion sizes at Elbows are pretty decent, can you tell Charlie is enjoying his food?? ha!  We ended up taking home leftovers.
My only complaint about Elbows is that they are not closer to me! It is SO worth the drive up to Brea, and I’m crossing my fingers for an Elbows location down in my area (which I hear may be in the works!!)
Elbows Mac ‘n’ Cheese
215 West Birch Street,
 Brea, CA 92821
Phone. 714-784-6613
Fax. 714-784-6618
Email. info@elbowsmacncheese.com

No comments:

Post a Comment