Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Guilt-free Happy Hour With Skinnygirl Cocktails!


You might remember my post a few weeks ago on my top 10 must haves for summertime? I wrote about how I was introduced to Skinnygirl Cocktails(specifically their White Sangria) and about how I pretty much fell in love with it?!? Well let me tell ya, I had the chance to try a few more of their cocktails, and I’m even more in love!

I love my evening cocktail. It’s nice to have every once in a while after a long, hot summer day with the kiddos. I just hate that cocktails and wine have SO many calories. Well, with Skinnygirl, I don’t have to feel guilty about having a drink anymore. The cocktails are low in calories, yet do not sacrifice on flavor. The taste is just perfect- my current new favorite is the Skinnygirl “Sweetarita”- so nice to sip on a hot day.

My hubby and I have also been playing around with the Skinnygirl vodkas. I LOVE the meyer lemon flavor. This stuff is good enough to drink on the rocks alone, but we enjoy it with a squeeze of fresh lemon from our lemon tree and a splash of homemade simple syrup.

I want to share some fun Skinnygirl Cocktail recipes with you- perfect for your next party, girl’s night, BBQ or how about just an evening at home?
Skinnygirl Lemon Drop
· 2 parts Skinnygirl Meyer Lemon Vodka
· Sugar-free lemonade mix
· Splash of lemon
· Splash of sparkling water
· Lemon slice for garnish

Preparation:
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with lemon.
Skinnygirl Sunrise
· 1 1/2 parts Skinnygirl Meyer Lemon Vodka
· Splash of orange juice
· Splash of light cranberry juice
· Splash of sparkling water
· Orange slice and cherry for garnish

Preparation:
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry
Very Berry Lemonade
· 1 1/2 parts Skinnygirl Meyer Lemon Vodka
· 2 parts sugar-free strawberry lemonade
· Muddled blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
· Crushed ice
· Splash of sparkling water
· Blackberry or lemon wedge for garnish

Preparation
Mix vodka, muddled blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in a glass. Top off with a splash of sparkling water and add ice. Garnish with a blackberry or lemon wedge.

Summer Splash
· 2 parts Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
· 1 part black tea (or powdered iced tea mix)
· 1 part lemonade
· Lemon wedge (optional)

Preparation
Mix ingredients in a tall Collins glass. Garnish with lemon wedge (optional).

Sun-Kissed Spritzer
· 2 parts Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka
· 1 1/2 parts lime soda water
· Squirt of fresh lime
· Squirt of fresh lemon
· Squirt of fresh grapefruit
· Slice of lemon for garnish

Preparation
Mix all ingredients and pour over ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!

BETHENNY FRANKEL BRUNCH COCKTAILS

Brunch Time Bloody Mary
  • 2 parts Skinnygirl Meyer Lemon Vodka
  • 2 parts low-sodium tomato juice
  • Splash of fresh lemon juice
  • Squeeze of fresh lime juice
  • Dash of Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • Sprinkle of celery salt
  • Cucumber for garnish

Preparation: Shake ingredients well in a shaker filled with ice. Strain into a glass. Garnish with cucumber wheel.

Enjoy!! And please shoot me an e-mail or comment if you try any of these recipes out. I’d love to hear from you!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment