Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Wacky Wednesday Tips!

Hi guys,
I titled my blog post “Wacky Wednesday Tips”, really I didn’t know what else to call it and felt ‘Wacky Wednesday’ just sounded right, ha. Anyhow, here are some tips that I’ve either discovered or done in the past week and I thought I’d share:
Tip #1: Make your own air freshener
Grab your favorite essential oil- I used wild orange from doterra and place approx 10 drops in a glass jar. Now fill the jar with some wooden craft blocks (I found mine at Hobby Lobby and used a coupon). Fasten the lid onto the jar, and shake. Leave the lid on the jar for a few hours to really let that essential oil soak into the blocks. That’s it. Easy? Yep, thought so. You can thank my hubby for this one!
Tip #2 Bake a cake
Take a box of angel food cake mix along with a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple (juice and all). Dump them together into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon (batter will turn fizzy), pour into a greased 9 by 13 inch glass pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. SO SO SIMPLE! My mama-in-law literally just told me about this easy dessert tip today, and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand, so guess what? I made it!
CAKE BATTER
FINISHED CAKE

Tip #3 Use dryer sheets as ‘dusters’
I’ve been going nutty around the house lately deep cleaning certain spots each day. I’ve always heard of people using dryer sheets to clean and dust off baseboards. I decided to try it out on my blinds throughout the house, and it works- and works well! Plus it makes your house smell pretty good!
Tip #4 Use a t-shirt for PJ’s
I’ve been having issues with my washing machine this week (always something, right?). So of course I’ve been totally backed up on laundry. Ciera needed PJ’s, but there were no clean ones, so I grabbed a big t-shirt out of the closet. I know this ‘tip’ may seem silly and a no-brainer but really it helped, and she loved wearing it. Of course Daddy and Grandpa approved (huge Ducks fans!)
I hope some of these tips help you out! I’d love to know some of your favorite household tips, just leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment