Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday TWO!

Usually I’d include more things that I love for one of these type of posts, such as this and this one . But I love these TWO things so much that I decided they deserved an entire blog post devoted to how in love I am with them.
First off  Trader Joes does it again! Have you guys tried these mini pumpkin pies from TJ’s?? Oh.My.Sweet.Pumpkiny.Goodness. You need to stop and drop everything you are doing RIGHT NOW and get to your closest Trader’s and go pick up these little goodies. Ok, maybe you don’t have to drop everything you are doing and run to TJ’s, but be sure to put them on your shopping list for your next TJ’s run.
My sweet husband Brandon surprised me a few weekends ago and took me to my favorite place in the whole entire world, O’Neill Regional Park.
We spent a beautiful, relaxing afternoon together in the parks day use area and lounged, read and spent some good kid-less quality time.
Brandon made us dinner on our mini camp stove, and of course these little pumpkin gems joined us on our day trip.
The mini pumpkin pies are different from a traditional pumpkin pie. The pumpkin filling is super creamy and the pie crust is not like your normal pie crust (which I’m usually NOT a fan of). This pie crust almost reminded me of a tart style crust- sugar cookie-like: sweet, flaky and topped with sugar. Pumpkin pie perfection, if you ask me. I highly highly suggest you try them!
My second fave is actually a restaurant. Again, Brandon surprised me by making reservations at Dublin 4 in Mission Viejo for my 32nd birthday this past Sunday.
This place is just incredible. Gourmet Irish food. They call it a gastropub, which I’ve heard described before as a place that has great beers and wine makes fancy cocktails, and has super high quality, tasty food. That description fits perfectly.
We started off with an Irish cider and Cismontane California lager.
Both were delicious, but I ended up stealing my hubby’s Cismontane lager. (BTW- Cismontane brewery is located in Rancho Santa Margarita, which is local to us. A trip to the brewery to fill up a beer growler is on my to-do list for sure. It’s GOOD. Really really good!)
We ordered an app which was curried fries. Normally I do not like curries. Not the case with this one. These fries were so good and a pretty big portion for an appetizer. I’m a fan.
Next up came our entrees:
I ordered the lobster pie.
Brandon ordered the Irish Bangers with Jameson whiskey infused mashed potatoes.
ONE WORD: outofthisworldamazinglydelicious. That’s a word, right?
Seriously, there is no better way to describe then simply amazing.
Dublin 4 makes some pretty cool cocktails. I ordered the “Through the Haze” which is a combination of Irish whiskey, bitters, honey and Guinness. They have an entire list of fun, different cocktails as well as all the traditional cocktails a huge beer selection and can’t forget the wine! Dublin 4 is located right next door to another fabulous shop: Wine Works For Everyone. The two restaurants are actually attached, and I’m pretty sure that explains the amazing wine selection that Dublin 4 offers.
To end our dinner the waitress brought out a special birthday dessert:
Holy smokes. This may be the best creme brulee I’ve ever had. There were so many vanilla beans in it. AMAZING! MMMMmmmmMMM.
If you are looking for a nice date night out, please consider Dublin 4.
A few things to note: 
You’ll for sure want to make a reservation. Dublin 4 is a small, owner operated restaurant and definitely gets very busy.
Bring cash for valet. There are very few parking spots, as the location of Dublin 4 is in small plaza off Oso and the 5 freeway in Mission Viejo. We were lucky enough to find a parking spot, but because it is located close to a Starbucks, there is constant in-and-out traffic. Be sure to get a space- just valet it!
Bring your appetite! In my opinion the food portions are a pretty good size. Enjoy it all by arriving ready to eat and enjoy!
DUBLIN 4
26342 Oso Pkwy, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 582-0026

No comments:

Post a Comment