Tuesday, February 17, 2015

It’s Been a While… Oh and Monkey Bread.


Oh hey there. I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve written one of these blogs. Especially one that includes a recipe. We’ve been swamped with holiday stuff, as I’m sure most of you have been.
Here’s a little glimpse into my December through photos:
A and B - Copy
We attended my Hubby’s company Christmas party at the beautiful Surf and Sand hotel in Laguna Beach. It’s always fun to get all fancied up and drink free wine :) Wouldn’t you agree?
Ciera Jesse Tree - Copy
The kids and I started a new way of celebrating the Advent season by reading the Jesse Tree devotional together every day. It was so special to do this (and complete it successfully) and learn about the birth of Jesus with a child-friendly way of explaining the Christmas story with scripture as well.
guitar - Copy
I’ve made a not-so new years resolution to learn to play guitar again. In fact, it’s not going to be a ‘resolution’, but a priority of mine to learn to play in 2015. Anyone out there want to teach me? ;) ;) If not, You Tube here I come, ha!
Charlie Hockey - Copy
My boy won the hockey championship for his league. We are SO proud of him!
Mistletoe Family Christmas - Copy
We had a beautiful Christmas with family. It was really nice, quiet and low key. Just what I love…
I made Monkey Bread-
Monkey Bread 1
Oh ooey gooey cinnamon sugary monkey bread. This may just become a new Christmas tradition for our family. I prepped this Christmas morning at home, then brought it over to my mom-in-law’s, popped it in their oven and by the time the kiddos were done opening gifts, it was ready. This bread makes the house smell heavenly, and it’s SO good eaten warm right out of the oven with a cup of coffee. Now don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t just have to be a breakfast thing. I served it last night for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Although the one mistake I made was I didn’t serve it warm. It really needs to be warm!
Here’s the EASY easy recipe courtesy of Pilsbury!
MB2 - Copy
Ingredients:
1/2
cup granulated sugar
1
teaspoon cinnamon
2
cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2
cup chopped walnuts, if desired
1/2
cup raisins, if desired
1
cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4
cup butter or margarine, melted
Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with  cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
MB3 - Copy
I realize I’m posting this recipe about a week too late, but don’t just wait until Christmas to make this delicious bread. It’s definitely a special treat, but hey New Year’s Day is coming right up, Valentines Day or how about a regular ol Saturday? I promise EVERYONE will love you for it. Enjoy and Happy (almost) 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment