Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Living Life One Day At A Time

My life has been nuts lately.
I’m not going to go into a long rant about the craziness of my life, but I want to share that I’ve been feeling an urge from God telling me to “stop, and be STILL”. Simply “REST”. Appreciate sweet, simple moments. STOP the worrying.
It wasn’t until a sweet friend came over a few weeks ago, that I actually took this feeling seriously. I’m telling you God spoke through this friend, and I listened. I realize I’ve been doing too much lately and some things had got to GO! I cut out a few things and feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders… Sweet, sweet relief…
I’m taking more time to appreciate the small things in life that had been passing me by oh so quickly.

Taking the time to do crafts with my kids and enjoying every second of it.

Taking time for MYSELF and doing the things I love. I haven’t picked up yarn and a crochet hook in over a year. I love crocheting so much. It brings me peace. It allows me to create beautiful things for others that I pour my love into.

My hubby and I lit a fire the other night- It’s finally cooled down enough here in OC that we were able to. We put the kids to bed, and just talked and enjoyed eachother’s company, while sipping a glass of red wine (naturally).

Now that the weather has been so beautiful, we’ve been living outside. Park time, playing hockey, throwing a ball around. Whatever it may be, I’ve been loving it. Today Ciera found a rollie-pollie in our front yard. She was ecstatic! Just watching the joy radiate from her made me beyond happy. It was really a sweet sight. Simple pleasures in life. The small things. That’s the important stuff.

Cutting the unimportant things out of my life has given me the chance to do more of one of my favorite things in the world- BAKE! I mean can you believe I’d even neglected this from my life? It makes me happy to create desserts. It makes me happy to give them away to others.

And of course I’ve been spending more quality time with the ones I love the most. Just remembering to be PRESENT and live life one day at a time. Not worrying about what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is just too short to worry. I feel like in this season of my life God is teaching me to simply trust in HIM. I always knew this was the right thing to do, but I’m trying my best to really make this my reality. Because let’s face it- in the end everything is going to be okay, and I don’t want to be too caught up in an unimportant, busy “life” to let these sweet moments pass me by.

Matthew 6:34- “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.”
Psalm 13:5- But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment