Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bridal Shower Fun!


I threw my sister Julie a bridal shower this past weekend. It was SO much fun!
She’s getting married in July to an awesome guy, Calvin. The shower turned out beautiful, and to be honest it was pretty low cost. I made all the decorations and desserts (surprised?)

We had tons of food!






Can you tell I’m obsessed with buntings (aka: signs, flags, banners). I made a TON for the shower. I also have these all over my house! I love the above photo bunting. It is so easy to make, and so sweet and personal.
Here’s a few of my desserts-

Wedding cake flavored cupcakes adorned with sweet little edible pearls

Wedding sugar cookies in the shape of a wedding dress, wedding cake and hearts

lavender white chocolate scones
I love using cake plates as a display for desserts. It looks so beautiful!


pretty little cake pops displayed in mason jars (another obsession of mine! I put candles in them, drink out of them, and now display cake pops in them.)

flower shaped chocolate chip cookies

pineapple upside down cupcakes. How cute are the little brides on top!!??!!

wafer cookies

Did you happen to notice all of my little signs, labeling each dessert? I think it makes such a nice touch to the dessert display. Again, super super easy to make and just adds so much.


We played a few games, and for the prizes I wrapped them up in clear cellophane. Isn’t that pretty?

Here are the shower favors that I made. The shower was “kitchen” themed, so I wrapped up wooden spoons, white chocolate dipped pretzels and attached Julie and Calvin’s favorite recipe for cinnamon rolls. I also asked each shower guest to bring a copy of their favorite recipe, and put together a book for my sister with all her friends/family favorite recipes.
I want to share with you a punch recipe that my sister had found and wanted to be included at her shower. I made this punch, along with pink lemonade, sparkling water and red and white wine.
Pretty Pink Punch:
1 bottle of dry champagne
4 cups of white cranberry strawberry juice
1 can of frozen raspberry lemonade mix (defrosted)
Mix all the ingredients together, and place in a pretty beverage dispenser or punch bowl.



What a fun day. A day I will always remember. Can’t wait for your wedding Julie and Calvin! Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment