Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The pie that'll make you cry!

So I had posted previously about one of the desserts that I will be making for thanksgiving this year, now I’m going to share another.
This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman- I just LOVE her. I’ve done so many of her recipes, I love her style, her show, her blog, her “homestead” ha! I just love everything about her. Her recipe for pecan pie is so so so easy! She calls it “The pie that’ll make you cry”- it’s just that good!
You first start off by making a pie crust. The Pioneer Woman recommends this one, which is the one I make. Or, you can purchase a pre-made pie crust. FYI- Trader Joe’s sells a great one (in their frozen section). But honestly, the crust takes no time at all to make.

Here’s what you need for this awesome pie-
  • 1 cup White Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
  • 1/2 cup Dark Corn Syrup
  • 3/4 teaspoons Vanilla
  • 1/3 cup Melted Butter (salted)
  • 3 whole Eggs, Beaten
  • 1 & 1/2 heaping cups Pecans
(Note: I’ve changed a few things on her recipe, rather then using one cup of light corn syrup, I use 1/2 cup light and 1/2 cup dark- I think the dark adds a great flavor. I also do not chop my pecans like the original recipe states. I like the look of the whole pecans when the pie is finished.)
Here’s what you do-
Mix sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrups, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl.
Pour pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
Pour syrup mixture over the top.


Bake pie at 350º for approx 50 minutes.


Be aware that your pie should not be over jiggly when you remove it from the oven. If it shakes a lot, cover it up with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until set.
I’ll also be baking an apple crumb pie for Thanksgiving this year. We only have about 10 guests coming. Too many desserts? Never!
Our small group is meeting the Friday evening  after Thanksgiving, if there are any leftovers, I might just be bringing them with me!
So what desserts will you be making this year? If your unsure, you might want to add this one to your list. You’ll definitely wow your guests!

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment