Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cherry Crumble Bars

I came across a recipe the other day for raspberry crumble bars. The recipe was on a website that I like to go to www.allrecipes.com

It seemed pretty easy, and I had all the ingredients that the recipe called for, except for the raspberry jam. So I thought why not still make this and just use a different type of jam in place of the raspberry. I searched my fridge, and saw that I had a cherry jam from Trader Joes (one of my very favorite jams!)
The bars turned out great and my family loved them. I actually made these again to bring to a Labor Day potluck we went to over the weekend. Perfect dessert for a potluck!

Here is the super easy recipe:


*1/2 cup packed brown sugar
*1 cup flour
*1/4 tsp. baking soda
*1/8 tsp. salt
*1 cup rolled oats
*1/2 cup butter- softened
*about ½ jar (approx 1 cup) of cherry jam (or any flavor jam you prefer)

Directions:


*Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and rolled oats.

*Add in the butter, mix until it becomes a crumbly mixture.
*Press 2 cups of the mixture into a foil lined, greased 8 x 8 pan.

*Spread jam on top of the mixture.


*Sprinkle remaining dry mix over the jam.

*Bake at 350, for about 35 minutes.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment