Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cake Box Cookies

Hi there Friends! Just a quick note-- If you want to read my most recent blogs, your going to have to backtrack a lot! This is one of my very first blogs, which I'm very proud of! Enjoy--

Let me start off by introducing myself, my name is Alisa, and I am obsessed with baking! I love sweets, and I love to create sweet treats!
For as long as I can remember, I have always loved dessert. I’ve gotten myself into this horrible habit of right after I finish eating lunch, dinner (sometimes even breakfast!) I immediately have to have dessert! Anyone else like this? Come on… admit it!

I wanted to start off my blog with a super easy recipe for a chocolate chip cookie. This will probably be the easiest chocolate chip cookie you will ever make (other then the pre-made store bought cookie dough)

These cookies are a favorite of mine and my family. They are called “cake box cookies”.
I like these cookies for when I need a last minute dessert, don’t have enough ingredients on hand, a quick after school treat, sports team snack for my kids, I could go on and on with reasons to make these! How about you just want a cookie for no reason at all! That sounds like a good reason to me.

Here is what you need:
1 Box of  white/yellow cake mix (I will be using a butter golden mix by Duncan Hines)
¼ cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup of chocolate chips

Now these cookies can be made with any flavor and any brand of cake mix. I will usually use whatever I have in my pantry. You can also use any mix in’s that you like. Today, I am using the chocolate chips as my mix in.

To start you empty the box of dry cake mix into a bowl (or mixer), combine the cake mix with the 2 eggs and ¼ cup of vegetable oil, and mix together with a fork, or your mixer. Once these three ingredients are mixed, you will have your cookie dough.



Here is a photo of the dry cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of vegatable oil

This is what the dough will look like once it is mixed.
Now you add the chocolate chips to the dough (or whatever mix in you prefer).

Roll dough into 1 inch balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. This will make about 2 dozen cookies.

There you go, you now have the most perfect, easy to make chocolate chip cookie!

Here are some other suggestions for different types of cake box cookie mix in’s:
(always use the base recipe which is your box of cake mix, 2 eggs, and ¼ cup of vegetable oil)
*walnuts, pecans, almonds
*white, peanut butter, butterscotch, dark chocolate chips
*coconut
*sprinkles
Pretty much anything you can imagine can be used in these cookies!

Here are my 2 kidlets, Charlie and Ciera ready to enjoy a yummy chocolate chip cookie!
Happy baking and enjoy,
Alisa aka Dessert Before Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment