Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Peppermint Cookies and Cream Popcorn

This recipe is inspired by my good friend Casey. She gave me the sweetest gift over the weekend– a gift of precious, uplifting bible verses, which I definitely needed.
She also gave me a bag full of yummy cookies and cream popcorn. I’m not the biggest popcorn person, but I couldn’t put this down. I was practically pouring the bag into my mouth. It was SOO good!
Here’s what you need to make this simple, yet delicious treat-

1 sleeve of peppermint Joe-Joes found at Trader Joes (there are 3 in the box)
1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
approx 5 cups of popped popcorn, or you can use an envelope of microwave popcorn
1/2 bag of Andes mint chips (chocolate chips can also be used in place of these)

Here’s what you do-
Pop your popcorn. Place the popped corn in a large bowl.
Melt 1/2 bag of the white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Mine melted up perfectly in the microwave. Once the chips are melted, drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Mix.
Now add your Andes chips or chocolate chips into the popcorn mixture, stir.
Last step is to crush up the sleeve of Joe-Joes, add them to the popcorn mixture and stir.

DONE! How easy was that??!!??

This is the perfect treat to bring to a holiday gathering (which is exactly what I will be doing tonight– high school girls small group, you get to be my taste testers!!)
Or how about pop in your favorite holiday DVD- mine is Elf in case you were wondering =) cozy up on the couch with some fuzzy blankets and enjoy this fun dessert!
The kids (and adults will love it).
A super fun twist on popcorn!
Merry Christmas friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment