Wednesday, January 29, 2014

See’s Candy grand opening at the Tustin Marketplace


I was lucky enough to be invited to a very special evening of wine pairing and chocolates. Not just any chocolate- See’s chocolate. My favorite.
I got to try a few different red and white wines provided by Domaine Somm, along with specific See’s chocolates that paired well with the certain wines. For example a bordeax chocolate- which happens to be one of my favorites, goes wonderfully with a merlot wine. And an apricot buttercream and peanut brittle goes great with a sweet late harvest pino grigio. The salty and sweet combination is outrageous!
I was able to check out the new prototype See’s shop at the Tustin Marketplace- grand opening tomorrow, Friday 11/22/2013. This shop is more then double the size of a traditional See’s Candies shop. It has not 1, but 2 candy counters, multiple checkout registers and is extremely spacious, which makes it perfect for the upcoming holiday season. This store will get you in and out in no time! Who wants to wait in those long lines, right? You know what I’m talking about.

I got to take a “behind the counter” tour. Ahhmazing!


It was such a fun night. I’ve always wondered what it looked like on “the other side”- now I know! All those candy boxes are labeled, so it’s easy for the See’s employees to locate each piece of candy. Whether you are customizing your own 1 pound box of chocolates or just wanting to try a piece. See’s candies are so great! Check out their new “pie” collection-


I got to sample the apple pie truffle- oh my! Seriously, who needs to bake anymore? (ok, I’m just kidding…kinda) But seriously, it tastes like the most amazing little apple pie perfection.

There it is! I highly recommend you stopping by the new See’s at Tustin and requesting a sample of this delish little treat!

Here’s a few interesting tidbits I learned about See’s Candies-
All their candy is made in America
Their chocolate is aged to perfection
Their classic black and white checkered floor was the flooring that Mary See had in her actual kitchen
Their famous bon bon candies are still the original Mary See’s recipe
So stop by and check out this new See’s Candies shop. You’ll love it!

See’s at Tustin-
2985 El Camino Real, Tustin, C.

No comments:

Post a Comment