Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Family Photos And A Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Over the weekend my little fam and I took family photos at Heritage Park in Irvine. It’s been YEARS since we’ve taken photos together. It was definitely time! I searched our closets, found some cute outfits and I asked my mom-in-law to take the photos (she just so happens to have her degree in photography, and is amazing!).
Here are some of the photos that I love from our shoot:

If you are on my Christmas card list, don’t be surprised if this one shows up! It’s my favorite. How beautiful is that backdrop? And it was perfect weather and lighting for the photos.

I LOVE this one of my boy Charlie and I. His face is just priceless! (He’s at that age where he does not care for kisses from anyone!)

Here’s our Mommy/Daughter photo. I love my girlie.

And of course the love and I.
Why not ask a friend or family member to take your family photos? It’s a lot less expensive then hiring someone, and just so much fun!
Now on a different note, have you thought about desserts you might be serving for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday?
I’ve already started making my list. I probably should be thinking dinner/side dishes, but I’m just too excited about dessert! It’s been a few years since we’ve hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house, and I just want everything to turn out perfect. So here’s what I’m thinking- the traditional apple pie, a pecan pie (my fav) and a pumpkin gingerbread trifle.
I’ve always wanted to make a pumpkin gingerbread trifle, and this year I’m doing it!

Here’s what you need:
2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps
Here’s what you do:
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in any type of clear glass bowl, but I think it looks best in a trifle dish!
You can even divide up the recipe and serve in mason jars-
How cute is that?!?!
Or even try mini trifle dishes-
Adorbs!
I’d love to know if you give this beautiful dessert a try!
Enjoy and Happy (almost) Thanksgiving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment