Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Candy Corn Cookies


How adorbs are these sweet little candy corn cookies!
With Halloween next week, and tons of Halloween events coming up for my kiddies, I thought I’d make these Sandra Lee “semi-homemade” inspired cookies. Here’s How you make them:
Purchase pre made sugar cookie dough (or use your favorite sugar cookie recipe), add orange food coloring to the dough. I made my sugar cookie dough and while it was in the mixer I added Wilton orange gel food coloring.
Once the dough is colored orange, roll it out on a floured work surface and cut the dough into a candy corn shape aka: a triangle! (or you can purchase a candy corn cookie cutter)
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


Let them cool completely
Now you need these:

1 bag of yellow, 1 bag of white. I found these at Hobby Lobby. JoAnn’s and Michael’s also sells the Wilton Candy Melts. Use whichever you prefer.
Melt the bag of yellow melts according to the directions on the package. Dip the top (the widest part) of the candy corn cookie into the melted yellow candy melts. Let them harden.
Now melt about half of the bag of white melts according to the directions on the package, and dip the bottom of the candy corn cookie into the white.

I packaged up the cookies into little treat bags, and I made this cookie platter to bring to a neighborhood Halloween party:

How fun! Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment