Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wild orange buttercream frosting

I’ve fallen in love with the doTerra Essential Oils company, thanks to Crash Test Mommy who introduced me to them. These oils smell wonderful, they are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade which makes them better quality then the ones you would find in your local health food store.
You can use these oils topically, aromatically and internally- which makes them wonderful for making sweet treats, cooking and BAKING!!
Today I decided to make a buttercream frosting with my new favorite oil “Wild Orange”

I’m bringing a bunch of cupcakes to a small group BBQ we are going to tonight. I made my Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, and I also made a bunch of dark chocolate cupcakes. I wanted to try something different for the icing, so I thought I would experiment with my Wild Orange oil, and I’m glad I did!
I’ve been using this oil for everything! I put a drop in my water (makes it a lot easier to drink water), I mix a drop into my favorite lotion, I mix a drop or two with a drop of peppermint oil, rub together and then massage onto my shoulders for an afternoon pick me up, and now I’m using it to make a wonderfully yummy frosting!
Here’s what you need to make this frosting:

4 cups of powdered suagr
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2-3 drops of doTerra brand Wild Orange essential oil (Use ONLY doTerra brand, as I do not know if other brands are safe to ingest) You can always replace the oil with an orange extract safe for food use.
Mix all the ingredients together:

And now frost your cakes!


I topped the cupcakes with an orange wafer cookie. It adds a nice touch, don’t you think?

The orange buttercream and dark chocolate cake are just amazing together. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment