Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lemon Crumb Cupcakes

I made these lemon crumb cupcakes for a baby shower I went to a few weeks ago (the one I made the lemon fudge for) The mama-to-be is not a fan of frosting, so she requested a lemon cake with a lemon glaze and that’s what she got! And I’m happy to say they were pretty darn good!



Here’s the recipe-
What you need:
CAKE-
  • 6 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
  • 2 cups butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
TOPPING-
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
GLAZE-
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice

I LOVE having my own lemon tree in the backyard (did I mention it has a couple hundred lemons on it right now?? No joke!)

How beautiful is this table scape! The baby shower was for a boy, and I just love these colors… teal, lime green and black. Just different, compared to the classic baby blue/green/yellow.
What you do:
  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
  • In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
  • Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
I hope you enjoy these cupcakes. Please let me know if you try out this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think of it! These cupcakes would be great for a bridal shower, baby shower, or a fun backyard spring/summer BBQ!
Enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment