Wednesday, January 29, 2014

COOKIES!

I want to share a couple of my favorite cookie recipes with you.
Oatmeal cookies with dried cherries and pepitas (pumpkin seeds):
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup pepitas
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugars until smooth, beat in vanilla and eggs. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cherries and pepitas.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Here are the cherries and pepitas I used (from Fresh and Easy)-

Here are the cookies-

Here is another favorite cookie of mine, snickerdoodles (recipe from Better Homes and Gardens):
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter, add sugar, vanilla and egg. Combine baking soda, cream of tartar and flour. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
In a small mixing bowl combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for approx. 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack. This recipe makes about 36 cookies. I usually double this recipe.

Here is a dessert platter that I put together for a Monday night football event my church is having tonight:

I have included my oatmeal cookies, snickerdoodles and pumpkin swirl brownies (recipe for the brownies coming very soon!)
I found this reusable plastic tray at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 (I used a coupon, of course!) I love it because it has dividers built into the tray, so all the desserts can be kept separate.
Enjoy the cookie recipes, and please let me know if you try them out. I would love to know what you think. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment