Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cranberry Turnovers

My friend Karen was telling me about how she made this great dessert for her small group at church. Turnovers, made with puff pastry. She said it was super easy to make, and turned out fabulous so I thought I’d give it a try.
Usually this dessert is made with jam or apples. I thought it would be fun to make it with cranberries. I love cranberries, and was super excited to find cranberry sauce at T.J.’s. Plus, how fun for Thanksgiving coming up soon.
Here’s what you need:
1 package of puff pastry sheets
1 jar of cranberry sauce
sugar
1 egg (for the egg wash)

Of course all these ingredients can be found at Trader Joe’s (can you tell I LOVE that store??!!)
 Here’s what you do:
Take 1 sheet of the puff pastry, and let it thaw out on the counter for about 10 minutes. Cut it into 4 squares:

Spoon a few tbsp. of the cranberry sauce onto each square:

Fold the puff pastry over the cranberry sauce to make a triangle shape, press the edges together. Beat 1 egg with a fork and brush the egg wash onto the puff pastry. Poke a tiny hole into the top of the pastry, then sprinkle sugar over the egg wash. Raw sugar works best.

Pop them into the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

There’s my boy loving this super yummy gourmet dessert!

Seriously SO good. SO easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment