Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pumpkin spice rice crispy treats

I’ve been on a rice crispy treat kick lately. Maybe because the weather’s been a little on the hot side, and this is such a quick, easy no-bake treat to make. I’m obsessed with these- click here.
I’ll be making them as a part of my kiddies soccer snacks this weekend- I think most kids will approve! (and rice crispy treats are a good treat to bring because you can avoid nut allergies)
I thought these ones sounded very interesting. I love anything with pumpkin. Why not give it a shot?

Here’s What You Need-
Nonstick cooking spray
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 cups crispy rice cereal
2 oz. dark chocolate chips (optional)

Here’s What You Do-
Spray a 13×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Stir in pumpkin puree and cook until warmed.
Add in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Add the rice crispy cereal and stir until combined.
Pour mixture into pan, spread out evenly and gently press down. Refrigerate to set for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and drizzle with melted dark chocolate, if desired.

mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment